Using Panorama with Harrison Mixbus and Ardour
Panorama controllers can be used as a simple control surface in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour with some basic configuration. To get started, please download the Control Surface Script file from the link below.
Note: Only Ardour 5 and above or Mixbus 32C and above are supported
Please download this file: Ardour Mixbus_Map_Nektar_Panorama.zip
Place the downloaded file in the following directory for Ardour:
Windows: C:\Program Files\Ardour5\share\ardour5\midi_maps
Note: Right-Click on the Ardour application, select 'show package contents'
Place the downloaded file in the following directory for Harrison Mixbus:
Windows: C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-3\share\ardour3\midi_maps
OSX: //Applications/Mixbus32C-3/Contents/Resources/midi_maps Instructions for sending sysex data file to Panorama:
Note: Right-Click on the Mixbus application, select 'show package contents'
You should now see a message on your Panorama's display that says "Loading Memory Bank from Sys Ex..."
- Transmit the sysex file (that was incliuded in the files you downloaded) to Panorama using a sysex utility
- Connect your Panorama controller to your computer
- Start Ardour or Mixbus
- In Windows, open the 'Edit' menu
- In OSX, open the 'Mixbus32C-3' menu or the 'Ardour5' menu
- Select the 'Preferences'
- Select 'Control Surfaces'
- Highlight 'Generic MIDI' and check the 'Enable' box
- double click on 'Generic MIDI'
- set Incoming MIDI on: 'Panorama P*' (or Panorama Internal
- set Outgoing MIDI on: 'Panorama P*'
- set MIDI Bonding to Nektar Panorama
- Note: Smoothing setting helps prevent fader and knob glitching. Set to above 15.
- Cycle - Activate/Deactivate loop markers in Sequencer
- << (Rewind) - Moves playback position backward
- >> (Fast Forward) - Moves playback position forward
- Stop - Stops play back
- Play - Starts play back
- Record - Activates Recording
- Mode - Arms Selected track for recording
<Track and Track> functions
- Moves the selected bank by 8 track at a time
- Faders 1-8 control volume for the selected bank of 8 channels
- Fader 9 controls the Master Volume
- Buttons 1-8 Mute the selected bank of 8 channels
Encoders above faders
- Control Pan for the selected bank of 8 channels
- Control the first 8 parameters for the selected plug-in