Impact LX, LX+, and GX with Harrison Mixbus & Ardour
Impact LX, LX+, and GX controllers can be used as a simple control surface in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour with some basic configuration. To get started, please download the Control Surface Script file from the link below.
Note: Only Ardour 5 and Mixbus 32C above are supported
Please download this file: Ardour/Mixbus_Map_Nektar_Impact.zip
Place the downloaded file in the following directory for Ardour:
Windows: C:\Program Files\Ardour5\share\ardour5\midi_maps
Note: Right-Click on the Ardour application, select 'show package contents'
Place the downloaded file in the following directory for Harrison Mixbus:
Windows: C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-3\share\ardour3\midi_maps
OSX: //Applications/Mixbus32C-3/Contents/Resources/midi_maps Ardour/Mixbus Installation
Note: Right-Click on the Mixbus application, select 'show package contents'
- Connect your Impact LX/+ or GX controller to your computer
- Start Ardour or Mixbus
- In Windows, open the 'Edit' menu
- In OSX, open the 'Mixbus32C-3' menu or the 'Ardour5' menu
- Select the 'Preferences'
- Select 'Control Surfaces'
- Highlight 'Generic MIDI' and check the 'Enable' box
- double click on 'Generic MIDI'
- set Incoming MIDI on: 'Impact ****/+
- set Outgoing MIDI on: 'Impact ****/+
- set MIDI Bonding to Nektar Impact LX or GX
- Note: Smoothing setting helps prevent fader and knob glitching. Set to above 15.
Now make sure that the USB Port Setup mode for the Impact LX controller is set to 0. Please follow these steps:
- Press the 'Setup' button
- Press key A2
- Press key C3 until the display says 0.0.0.
- Press the 'Setup' button to exit Setup mode
- Cycle - Activate/Deactivate loop markers in Sequencer
- << (Rewind) - Moves playback position backward
- >> (Fast Forward) - Moves playback position forward
- Stop - Stops play back
- Play - Starts play back
- Record - Activates Recording
<Track and Track> functions
- Moves the selected bank by 8 track at a time
Mixer Mode (press the Mixer button)
- Faders 1-8 control volume for the selected bank of 8 channels
- Fader 9 controls the Master Volume
- Buttons 1-8 Mute the selected bank of 8 channels
- Control Pan for the selected bank of 8 channels
Instrument Mode (press the Inst. button)
- Control the first 8 parameters for the selected plug-in