Garageband Setup and Troubleshooting: Impact
GarageBand Setup for Impact Controllers
Important: Impact integration for Garageband is compatible
with GarageBand 6.0.5 and above.
These instructions assume you have GarageBand installed and
are running Mac OS X.
Here are the steps you need to follow to setup your Impact controller with GarageBand.
- Make sure GarageBand is already installed on your computer. If not, please
install the latest version of GarageBand first and open it at least once, before running the
installer for Nektar DAW integration software.
- Download the 'Impact_Apple_Integration' file from the My Downloads after registering your product.
- Run the 'Impact_Apple_Support' installer and follow the onscreen instructions
- Plug-in your Impact keyboard and make sure it’s switched on (if you didn’t do so already)
- Launch GarageBand
That’s it, setup is now complete.
If you encounter a problem where some controls do not work as expected, specifically related to button functions, please follow the instructions below:
- Close any applications you have open
- Open a Finder window
- Open the 'Go' menu at the top of the screen
- Select 'Go to folder...'
- Type ~/Library/Containers
- Click 'Go'
- Open the 'com.apple.garageband10' folder
- Open the 'Data' folder
- Open the 'Library' folder
- Open the 'Preferences' folder
- Find com.apple.garageband10.pro.cs and move it to the trash
- Empty the Trash
- In the Finder go to //Applications/Nektar/LX49 or //Applications/Nektar/Apple
- Run the uninstaller located in that directory
- Restart your computer
- Start GarageBand and create an empty project (this is just so GarageBand creates a new cs file)
- Quit GarageBand
- Run the latest 'Impact_Apple_Support' installer (the latest installers can always be found the in the Downloads section of your account page)
- Start Garageband again
If you continue to have trouble, please contact support.